Roland is my maternal 4x Great Grandfather. He was born in Westfield, MA in 1813 and died in 1886 in Northampton, MA of apoplexy. He is buried in the Bridge Street Cemetery in Northampton, MA with his mother and 2 sisters. Coincidentally, not far from Orpha Chilson Russell and her family.
Roland is the son of Caleb and Naomi Lyman Weller. He had 3 siblings: Lovice, Solomon, and Martha.
In 1839, Roland and Orpha produced a child, Orintha Weller Chilson Mollison. There is no record that they ever married.
- 1850: Northampton; living with mother Naomi Weller, wife Lucy Weller, and sister Elizabeth Martha Weller. Occupation listed as Laborer.
- 1855: Massachusetts State Census: Northampton; living with wife Lucy and daughter Alice, 5. Occupation listed as Laborer.
- 1860: Unable to find Roland, Lucy, or Alice.
- 1865: Massachusetts State Census: Northampton; living with wife Lucy, and daughter Alice. Occupation listed as Porter. Lucy’s occupation listed as Mistress.
- 1870: Northampton; Living with wife Lucy, daughter Alice, grandson Lyman. He is only member listed working; occupation is Clerk in Store.
- 1880: Northampton; Living with older brother Solomon and younger sister Martha. Occupation for both Roland and Solomon listed as Gentleman. Martha is listed as Housekeeper.
There are no known pictures of Roland Weller in any family collections to my knowledge.
Roland would go on to marry Lucy and have a daughter named Alice. Alice would have a child, Lyman Weller, born out of wedlock. She would then marry Frank Dayton, have 2 children, and die in Northampton, MA. She is also buried in Bridge Street Cemetery with the Dayton family, not near her father. It is unknown where her mother is buried. The links to their burials in Find A Grave can be found here: Weller Clapp Family Burials.